Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 08:28 PM   #9
Spensit

Brand: Still Looking
Model: LTV Unity Twin Bed
State: Alberta
THOR #27153
So Much for the New XG32 Acquisition!

Thank you Judge, Chunker et al for your honest appraisal of the Omni/Magnitude Super C. My wife and I have just retired and the LTV Unity twin Bed is just too small for the extended trips we wish to begin. But what to move up to has been a problem.

The Class C’s with the Ford 450 chassis is a non starter. My wife says she would prefer not to have to amputate one leg to fit into the tiny off-centre passenger foot space the doghouse leaves you. Besides, you need a refinery as a toad given the fuel economy of that mismatched V-10 engine.

We had a class A Monaco La Palma. The worse driving vehicle I have ever owned. And I haven’t found a Class A that is comfortable to drive. And the La Palma was an incredible lemon.

So I looked at a traditional Super C on a Freighliner Chassis. Well that’s what I got on the test drive; a ride straight out of the Mac truck (my wife was actually bounced out of her seat) and with a cabin roar that made conversations impossible. Otherwise it was great.

So we have been looking for a Super C “Lite” like the Omni/Magnitude XG32 or the Dynamax Isata 5 34DS. They are less Mac truck but are not overburdened burros like the Ford 450 Class Cs. They are quite quiet and ride well.

However, the Thor product seems so shoddily built I am reluctant to pay $200k for a vehicle where the slides don’t work, the A/C is undersized and the air ducting design is ridiculously poorly designed, the front cap falls off, the hot water system only works under certain flow conditions and the plumbing for winterizing seems to be non-existent.

I think I’ll pass thank you. After 10 years of trouble free LTV operation (except for the M-B POS emission control system) I am not ready for RV purgatory. I prefer not to have my RV live up to acronym (RV - Ruined Vacation).

Time to research the Isata 5 series. Or do you have any other suggestions?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum