Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 11:59 PM   #8
Greybear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Utah
THOR #19910
Thanks for the kind words!

I do commissions, so if you're interested drop me a line.

Judge: Thanks, and here's hoping! We're going to use the big slide sparingly... The Snowy Range is living up to it's name, as there's still snow on the top. We plan to hit Dollywood in Pigeon Forge as well, it's on the boss' bucket list.

Paul: Is that the behemoth KOA on North Temple? We've driven through there a few times, and it's really quite nice and located near all the sights you'd want to see in Salt Lake. Just be aware that the 24th of July is crazy here as it's Pioneer Days, and you're near the Fairgrounds! Have a great trip!

Duck: I almost went for a Mazlow, but the shop is already overcrowded. The one I built is 4 ft square, and I'm building a folding table so I can stash it when not working with it. Our logo is and adapted Bar and shield with our combined initials JHD, a welding hood for me, a guitar for her, and a heart for obvious reasons...

At any rate, we landed in Laramie early this afternoon. We're staying at RJourney Laramie, which used to the the Laramie Journey KOA. It's a good size park with lots of spaces available. It's not particularly pretty, but it's clean, easy to find, and the owners are really nice.

Once we got situated, we hopped in the TOAD and went to the historic downtown for a stroll. As it's a railroad town, it fronts the railyard, and the town has done a nice job of preserving the old buildings.

Laramie is also famous for being the site of the old Wyoming Territorial Prison. The prison closed in 1909, but the state has renovated it and turned it into a fantastic and intriguing museum. Butch Cassidy spent time incarcerated here, and Millard Fillmore was a warden at one time.

Tomorrow we're off to Lincoln, NE to visit family, and then on to St Louis the day after. More photos to come!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LeavingHome.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	38236   Click image for larger version

Name:	RJourney.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	38237  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Laramie.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	38238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Prison.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	38239  

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi (TOAD!)
2013 Harley FLHCUI
Greybear is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum