Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 12:33 PM   #13
robertj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
How did this issue get resolved? I’m having the same issue with me Tellaro’s generator. Was working fine and then sputtered like it was out of gas and quit with fault message. Full tank of gas and on level ground. Now it will start but just runs for a few seconds, sputters, and shuts down…
I have a new Onan 2800 model with 20 hours on it that did the same thing a couple of times. In my case, I was trying to run the air conditioner with the inverter turned off and the charger in bulk stage charging. There is no way to turn the charger off with my mastervolt 3000 watt inverter/charger. When I turned the inverter on prior to starting the generator, the problem went away and the generator started and ran normally. Depending on your setup, these generators will use power from the batteries to "assist" if the load is high so make sure you have "no load" on the generator when starting it. I would recommend just making sure the inverter is turned on prior to starting the generator. Mine would sputter and turn off as soon as I turned the air conditioner on when the inverter was turned off. Mine also showed the fault message but went away once the inverter was turned on prior to generator start.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum