Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 11:28 AM   #16
robertj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
Thanks. I made sure no load and turned the inverter on but no go. Frustrating for sure. Hopefully it’s something simple the service folks can fix.
NP and sorry you are having the problem. From what you described it sounds like it could be fuel starvation problem. There is a fuel filter on these and might be worth changing it just to make sure it is not clogged and you should be able to do this yourself. You may check the fuel line to make sure it does not have a kink. Looking at the manual, fuel filter is located beneath the air-filter on the right side. Mine is also a 2800i and I have not changed the filter yet so can't be any help on how difficult it is to do but worth trying before taking to a dealer. If you go to Cummins website, they have a downloadable "RV Generator Handbook" on line that has pictures of that model with diagrams as to where all the components are located. These are fuel injected so there should not be any carburetor problems.
One last thing to try because this happened on my class A 10000 watt generator:
It would run and "cut off" if I started it with a remote switch, but it would run normally if you used the switch on the generator. In that case, took to Onan and they had to replace a "relay" in the generator. You may try and start it from the switch on the generator itself instead of using the BM Pro remote location. There is a toggle switch located at the top right of the generator that will allow you to manually start and turn it off and good to know anyway in case you have a problem with the RVMaster BMPRO. I know it works on mine because started it and turned it off from there after changing the oil a few days ago.
Good luck and let us know what you find out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum