Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 11:23 PM   #315
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
Yes, I would buy another THOR product. If we could find something comparable to pre-Covid type, i think the THOR ACE was a great buy, and really use every feature on it. The 30.4 is perfect for us two, and is out of production.

I think most of us are here for the long haul. I am holding and concentrating on keeping my unit in tip top shape. Protecting my investment is proving to be a tough task, due to many factors. Mainly the lack of any quality service available, this site is invaluable for FIY folks like me, i appreciate the advice and guidance!

One main reason of continued ownership, is the ability to evacuate in case of a hurricane, we are prepared to hit the road early and return home after pwr is restored in our community, that alone, i can't put a price on...

After living in South FL after Hurricane Andrew and most recently Hurricane Matthew, i can only say, for those that stayed, it was the wrong choice. I would rather that not something to have to remember.
I think your RV outlook depends on experience and chronological age or that is true in my case. we stated tent camping a year after we were married (1964). When our son came along, we starter renting travel trailers. When I partially retired in 1990. we bought our first Class A Winnebago. After the first year, I found I had made a mistake as the coach did fit our needs, I sold the Winne and bought a 1968 UltraVan. Which served us well for 22 years. When it became time to move into a Life Care Community, we sold the UltraVan and bought our last RV the 2016 Hurricane.
I made sure I could repair most everything on the model coach we chose, Because I believe in Occam"s Razor, the coach had to have no slide longer than 14 ft, no water on a slide, split bath with toilet on the drivers side and TV set directly across from the couch or recliners. If the bones of the coach were good, I could change out what I didn't like.

After 7 years, the coach fits out needs perfectly whether on the Interstate, crowed city street or on a country dirt road. Modern coaches have too much unnecessary complication. I much prefer a rocker switch to a touch screen, just saying.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.