Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 01:03 AM   #22
robertj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
My thoughts also, they way it sputters when shutting down sounds like it’s running out of fuel. I now suspect either the fuel filter, fuel pump or maybe a fuel injection issue. I tried the external start switch and got the same result. Was going to try and remove the fuel filter but supper awkward working underneath and not so sure I could actually get it back on correctly. Not excited about dealing with short staffed repair shops. Called Thor and they said to put it on a lift first…that was super helpful
I had somebody tell me the fuel line is inside the main fuel tank and is mounted so that when the fuel level drops below 1/4 tank the generator will run dry and shut down. They speculated that the in-tank generator fuel line mount may have come loose so the line is now floating at the top of the tank, hence no fuel to the generator. Don’t want to think about how you fix that.
It sounds like you have exhausted about all you can do and agree would let it be someone else's problem especially since under warranty. Would not want to do too much and have them suggest you caused the problem. I found that you can back on to some inexpensive ramps that makes changing the oil and access much easier. I would check to find a Cummins service center close to you who are the experts on these. Good luck and let us know what the problem is once you find out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum