Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 03:22 AM   #12
Jusplainwacky

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
The reason I had asked the question I did, was that I was hoping that I could incorporate an Isolator into the circuit along with independent monitor displays for each battery...but I'm not seeing how this is possible.

The first problem is that the alternator charges the chassis and the coach batteries, and the converter is charging the coach batteries when connected to shore/generator. And when the E-Switch connects the chassis and coach batteries together. This results in the batteries being connected together. There is no isolated circuit that is strictly a "charge input", if there was, it would be a piece of cake.

On top of this, the same wires that charge the batteries, are also discharging them.

A while back I installed 3 batteries and a 3-way switch...it worked "OK" but that put 2 batteries in parallel and one spare. I am now switching over to 3 switches so I can select any combination, and if one battery goes bad, I can easily switch it out and figure out which one it is.

Anyone have any ideas...cause I'm not.

I appreciate the contribution to my POST...I have made modifications to my drawing as a result of this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Thor2 - switches.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	38270

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.