Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 04:27 AM   #14
Jusplainwacky

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Someone take out the third battery and make that schematic a sticky.
Weekly we get asked how to wire the batteries.
Referring to a sticky would be easier than the hoops we now go through to answer.
Thanks for the suggestion, but this circuit I have come up with does not reflect what THOR installs, and it's not complete.

I haven't a clue why Thor doesn't provide better and clearer diagrams...and even when you find any, they will typically be missing information or different.

Just like 16ACE27 showed and what Ed stated, the 12vdc from the battery goes not only to the converter, but the fuse panel INSIDE of the converter...yet all the drawings I came across showed the fuse panel as a separate component.

I have been wrapping my head around how to install this isolator so my batteries are "isolated" and charged independently, but I'm running out of ideas.

As I mentioned, the nice thing about an isolator, is that if one battery goes dead, you can quickly get it out of the circuit...but the other advantage is (even if rare)..if two (or more) batteries are in parallel, and one shorts out, the battery with the charge will dump all of its current into the one with short. This can create serious problems such as exploding a battery or melting cables. I had this happen to me...one of the tops of my Optima battery blew off...lucky for me, I just lost power.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum