Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 12:51 AM   #7
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerjohn7 View Post
No, the steering wheel is about 10 degrees off clockwise with or without the TOAD. I had the front wheels realigned and they were only slightly off. And the shop said it would be a lot of work to realign the steering wheel. The steering is nice and tight, and the RV holds the road great so I guess I will just live with it. My only concern now is, if I decide down the road to sell the RV to an individual, will they be concerned about the misalignment during a test drive? If I trade it in, nobody will notice.

The adjustment is unusual because this model chassis only has one adjustable tie rod end. The official Ford procedure is to remove the steering box and shim it as needed to center the steering wheel. Of course the alignment will need to be adjusted too. BUT, there actually is an easy DIY adjustment you can do. The steering column is attached to the steering box on a splined shaft and held by a single pinch bolt. Just remove the bolt, pull the shaft off and reposition it. There are 36 splines so a one spline adjustment will give you 10 degrees. Making the job even easier….you’ll find that there is enough room in the wheel well to sit up and work conveniently. I do not know why Ford doesn’t tell you about this. It’s simple and effective.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum