Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 12:28 AM   #3
ShoppingNinja

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #27217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I have a '20 Magnitude SV34 and even though the schematics show a shut-off valve for the ice maker water line (as recommended by Whirlpool), there was none plumbed from the factory. Similar to how Xantrex recommends installing a sub-panel with a breaker for the AC output of the Inverter but Thor does not wire one as they should.

When I had it back to the Thor Factory Service Center in Wakarusa, I made them install one. The one they installed is on the slide floor under the cooktop next to the wall where the refrigerator is located.

You should be able to see the plastic water line coming through the back of the wall where the refrigerator is located when you remove the access panel under the cabinets below the cooktop. If it is plumbed directly into the PEX, you do not have a shut-off valve as was my case.

FYI..... I installed hinges for my access panel so I didn't have to keep removing and installing screws every time I want to access that area.

Thanks for your feedback. We definitely have a valve, since we aren't getting water to the ice maker. Our kitchen configuration has the fridge across from the cooktop. I took the panel below the fridge off and I see the piping, just no valve. We may have to pull the entire fridge out at some point if we don't locate it. I appreciate you taking time to respond!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum