Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 04:20 AM   #6
galOnTheGo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
ted&m - Does the radio display switch to video but no video is displayed?
correct: no display, but radio display switches to video.
ea37ts - I am looking for but have yet to find a camera fuse of any kind. the manuals from Thor and ford that I have do not list any fuses for camera system anywhere.
Lt Keefer - definitely not this problem.
Elite - as I stated, I checked all the connections, not the problem.

I checked the wires going into the video multiplexor in the dashboard with a multimeter.
The big clue here is none of the cameras display.

I was playing with the camera setting on the radio - pioneer avh-4200nex, and the display got stuck in backup camera mode - UGH! Nothing I tried unstuck it. A search found this -

Screen stuck in backup camera mode - hold down mute button

If you find that for some reason, the reverse image is locked, meaning it does not display anything or does not show any function, follow the steps below to fix this issue:*
* Press and hold the mute button for a couple of seconds. This will bypass the purple-white wire camera input to the radio.
* Now you can go to the menu, then “camera settings,” and turn off the backup camera. You can also switch the “Reverse Gear Setting” from ground to battery until you figure out what the problem is.
However, this is not the permanent solution. First, you have to trace back the wires from stereo to camera and look for any loose connection.*

Rvs-501n-3 video multiplexer - 50$ and manual at -

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...-rvs-501n.html

Here is what I found - there are 6 wires.
Left turn signal in - yellow 12v
Right turn signal in - green 12v
Reverse signal in - blue 12v
Ground - black
That leaves 2 wires:
White - I expect this is a 12v power input, yet is never powered.
Yellow stripped - no idea

All the diagrams I could find only describe 5 wires, so no idea what the 6th is.

As I never see power on the white, I assume there may be a fuse somewhere that is blown, I am looking for it, but as I stated, can not find reference to it in the manuals I have. And, I would guess that this power in line supplies the camera with power so it displays. each source has a trigger line that tells the multiplexer which camera to power.
Furthermore, it may be that one of the cameras shorted, blowing this yet to be found fuse. yet to be determined. I will call Thor in the morning.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum