Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 03:02 PM   #977
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
We dropped off the grandturds and arranged(over the last year) picking up parts and antiques and implements and stuff yesterday on a grand drive-about.The last planned stop of four or so dedicated stops stood us up, making for a quick change of plans.
So. The change was instead of a nights hotel stay in the conjoined towns of Sister-Toucher California, we just came home.

Spousal Unit drove 902 miles yesterday, just for the sport of it.
Long day, 4am till midnight.

I did the same miles and day length earlier this year in the 24.1

We drove through the marvelous burgs of ashfork and Daggett and Barstow and Mojave and Boron and Hinkley and Neenach...on purpose. If you want to see some sadness, make that drive through California.

We picked up 60 year old car parts seen only once or twice for sale in the last 20 years....

A sandwich(excellent shredded beef with two eggs on it with grilled parmesan toast), a big salad, two coffees(I don't drink coffee three times a year) a tip worthy of a harried little girl dealing admirably with a table of 21 and three couples while the only other waitress sluffed:
$50 total.
$50 at a Damn Denny's with no dessert.

For those with questions:
We do math and geography memory games/tests often to see where we are on the viable to drive scale. We haven't had a radio on with both of us in the vehicle in probably 40 years. We decided a long time ago that a blaring radio playing
Walk This Way
For the third time in six hours means:
I'd rather listen to this endless blather than hear a single word you have to say.

Some can, some can't..
We both can.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.