Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 09:05 PM   #10
TheDustyGeek

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerjohn7 View Post
Yes, and thanks for confirming my theory. I got under the RV and saw that spine you described and was thinking that would be a way to realign my steering wheel. I am not sure I want to take it on myself, however, since that is one heck of a big pinch bolt. But maybe I will ask my favorite mechanic how much he would charge. My estimate, too, is that it would not affect the recent frontend alignment I just had done. Do you agree?
My previous rig was on a 2017 F53 24K chassis and came from the factory with the steering wheel cocked to the left far enough it was interfering with the turn signal shutoff. Making this adjustment, it brought it almost centered (ever so slightly to the right) and had no effect on anything aside from making the steering wheel aligned with the direction of travel. I drove it like that for four years with no issue (probably 20K miles) before we swapped it for our current rig.

On top of the steering box, I removed the bolt, lifted the coupler off the splined shaft, had one of my boys center the steering wheel for me, then slid the coupler back onto the splined shaft. I used some thread locker on the bolt, since that's the last thing I want falling out while driving.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/C...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
TheDustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum