Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 02:56 PM   #5
RACarvalho

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Above is not a scientific test but makes the point nonetheless. A larger and heavier trailer can be more fuel efficient by simply being more aerodynamic. .
I know Andy take on this and He helped me a lot when I started towing campers.

His test is absolutely right and I had the opportunity to test this on my own so his result is right and validated BUT have you seeing the bedroom inside a camper with a sloped front like that?

In my experiment my friend, with a rig sloped like that, got 1mpg better than me (thats a good 12% improvement over my baseline) BUT his bedroom was cramped, didn't have a wardrobe on a slide (because you don't have space at the side wall for that) and in general, it looked to have 1/2 the internal space we had with an almost vertical front cap.

So our response in that case is still NO.

BTW, my motorhome towing our SUV burns just 1mpg more than my F150 towing a camper and just 2mpg more than my friend with his F250 towing a camper with a sloped front so to me the MH is way more efficient than those rigs.
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum