Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #8
h.larry@telus.net

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37GT
State: Alberta
THOR #829
Rotating tires should leave the chuck on the inside rear wheels

I am confused by the comments about tire rotation. I understand what tire rotation is but there are three different styles of wheels on my RV (most Rv's). Front, Rear outside and Rear inside. If you were to rotate tires properly you would have to take the unit to a tire shop and have them remove the tires from the rims and move them to another location/rim. (unless you were just swapping left to right and right to left). The inside rear wheels would always be inside wheels so the permanent style chuck should always be where you want it. I have researched the flexible style chuck extensions and on the internet there are several comments about them failing. If they fail you have a flat! Recommendations for reliability seems to be solid stainless steel extensions supported by a rubber grommet. I personally do not want to trust my RV to an imported flexible hose that can crack and cause me to loose tire pressure. Two local tire shops tell me that the stainless steel extensions have caused NO issues.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum