Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 06:49 AM   #1
Jusplainwacky

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
Any recommendations on captain chairs for 29M

The chairs in my Hurricane 29M suck...they are uncomfortable, to high, I can't adjust them up or down, and I can't swivel the drivers seat 180-degrees without the back hitting the steering wheel...which boggles my mind that Thor didn't address this.

I have spent a lot of time searching the forum for information and ideas which has been helpful, but I hope to get more ideas and suggestions.

New seats are expensive as hell, so I'm surprised I didn't find many posts were people opted to get seats from a salvage yard (car/truck/rv). My Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax diesel seats are adjustable...up/down/tilt/lumbar support and even heated...but not really captain chairs for an RV.

In looking at RV salvage yards, there are some pretty nice seats that don't cost an arm and a leg...the concern is getting a pair only to find they don't fit.

I also didn't find much information on how people connected up power to the seats. I did read one where the person got the power from the B.I.R.D.

When it comes to the passenger side, it would be nice to find a seat that could recline, and they can put their feet up....perhaps even nap on the road.

I have made note of all the places people bought their seats and I plan to check the following out. If anyone has any other ideas, please share.
* Braddandhall
* Flexsteel
* Glastop
* Shop4seats
* Thomas Payne
* Recpro
* FactoryRVsurplus

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum