Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 08:17 PM   #16
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
What about an AGS set for HVAC Mode?

I've never tried mine set to A/C Mode to see if the generator shuts down when the set temp is reached. If the generator would cycle with the thermostat demand, that would make it more fuel efficient. But I don't think it works thats way.

I know the Minimum Runtime setting for my AGS is 10 minutes so assuming the set temp can be reached in 10 minutes, you could let the generator cycle with A/C demand.

Not sure how restful sleeping would be with the A/C and generator cycling all night long.

I run the the AGS in auto mode all the time. Auto mode automatically fires up the genny based on Battery voltage and thermostats call. Like you my genny has mininum runtime set at 10 minutes. When coach temperature is only thing in focus, if thermostat is set for 78 degrees then when it reaches 79 and calls for the compressor, it is also calls the EC30 and tells it to start the generator. When generator starts the energy management system kicks in to start the AC(s). I normally have them both on, but one could be off. At some point the coach will get to temperature desired and when thermostats call for the compressor to shut down it also gives the generator the green light to shut off if all other EC30 and generator conditions are met.

When we drove to Houston, I think the generator may have stopped and restarted 5 times in a 4 hour trip.

At night, our quiet time starts at 8:00 PM, so we never have the genny running to know how intrusive it may be. There have been a few really warm nights, but we crack windows and turn on fans. We just get by, I never thought or considered to get campsite just for electricity. We are generally just pulled over for a break while on the road. There have been a few Rest Stops where it was okay to run the generator. Ironically, when we stopping at Wal Mart, it was to get Wifi. Since we have had the T Mobile Black Box, we have not camped overnight at any of the Wal Marts or similar.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum