Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 12:56 PM   #1
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
How to Incorporate Temperature Compensated Charging to further improve Battery Life

I have created this thread to see how one might achieve additional battery life
by monitoring Temperature given it does impact conventional battery charging and performance.

From what I have learned that only TempAssure & Renogy Solar Controllers along with some Power Centers come with the temperature probes needed.

In my case, I have Progressive Dynamics PD9200
https://www.progressivedyn.com/pd9200-converter/

While it does not come with an option to add a temperature probe, and I have no intentions of replacing my perfectly fine Charge Wizard; it does come with an option to allow me to add a Remote Pendant.

https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/ch...emote-pendant/

The Converter Status Remote Pendant shows the charger/converter operating mode and allows for manual mode selection effectively giving me will give me the power to manually adjust the charging state (rate).

So given the 4 charging modes, what would be a good rule of thumb range for me to watch out for to ensure my charger if on; will not be charging to high or too low?

Currently, the Progressive Dynamics Charge Wizard reads battery voltage and battery usage; then selects one of the following four operating modes to properly charge and maintain the battery.
BOOST Mode 14.4 Volts – Rapidly brings the RV battery up to 90% of full charge.
NORMAL Mode 13.6 Volts – Safely completes the charge.
STORAGE Mode 13.2 Volts – Maintains charge with minimal gassing or water loss.
EQUALIZATION Mode 14.4 Volts – Every 21 hours for a period of 15 minutes prevents battery stratification & sulfation – the leading cause of battery failure.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum