Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 09:14 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I am not sure I can help with the touch screen sensitivity at all, but are the rest of the radio touch screen functions working OK?
After reading all the issues/failures owners have had with the Jensen 212T radios over the years I was starting to wonder why mine is still working after 10 years (knocking on wood). While the DW and I are not full timers, I thought that perhaps the radio (or at least the screen) may fail prematurely due to high operating or ambient temperatures. Since about 2014 I have just turned off the clock portion on the radio altogether, so the screen is off unless used for radio or cameras or both. I don’t know if that has made any difference or not since we have used the radio etc quite often during camping season and while traveling. I wonder if you would have better luck if the radio has been off for a while (A/C on in your coach) and then try to see if the radio touch responds better for you. If the screens are capacitively responsive to touch, maybe you are not as charged as you need to be. Turn off the clock and have another beer. Happy camping.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum