Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Covers
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 04:23 PM   #12
Chateau_Nomad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
I'm 67, and the wife is close behind. Our cover weighs maybe 35# ??? The key is having it rolled properly when stored.

I walk up the ladder with the front end in hand. Once on the roof, I drag the rest up... then pull it forward to the cab-over. You don't need to lug the ENTIRE cover up the ladder! There I toss the front part over, where the wife grabs the straps and we center it side to side. She secures it under the front bumper. Then I gradually work backwards, unrolling, centering as the wife finds the side straps. I fit the cover over the "solar panel hole" and keep working backward. When I get to the ladder, I walk down the ladder, pulling the back section down.

All that's left is securing the "belly straps" under the motorhome which keeps the cover cinched tight.

I guess if you're not in decent physical shape, or poor health this could be a challenge. Fear of heights could also affect some. But honestly, for me - it's an easier task than a total wax job on the entire motorhome!! Know your limits, work safe AND smart!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.