Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 10:52 AM   #3
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
As Dave said, you can read my reviews and the reviews of a few others that had the Schwintek Slide Mechanism replaced with the Vroom Slide System.

I had my full-wall slide replaced last October and haven't looked back. The difference in the design, components and robustness is night and day. The slide opens and closes quieter and more smoothly.

I paid $2500 but inflation has driven the cost up to $3000 or a little more depending on what needs to be done with your slide. Vroom doesn't just rip and replace. They inspect the main rollers and the slide itself and will correct issues they feel will impact the performance of the slide.

I know someone on the forum who recently had their slide done and Vroom found that Thor made the aluminum plates on the undercarriage of the slide too short so the rollers would slightly hang up when retracting the slide. It cost an extra $400 but he said it was well worth having everything fixed properly.

Regardless of what you are doing to your interior, my feeling is the Schwintek Slide Mechanism is a ticking time bomb for anyone with a heavy, full-wall slide.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum