Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 11:16 AM   #7
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillbox View Post
Chris,
Great choice on the shocks. I did the bilsteins, I like them BUT just a little stiff.
I will wait for more updates, but, I’m pretty sure I will do the rear sway bar as you.
Thanks,
Terry
Ps. Cali is on your way to Alaska. Got plenty of room and power.

We have Cali and the west coast on our list of trips. We have two plans for it...

- We head there in early May in 2024 before fire season starts

Or

- We head there in early May in 2023 on our way to Alaska. We have to be in Washington State by June 17th.

Given diesel prices, it may not be a bad idea to tie it into next year's trip. Plus it would lessen the wear and tear on another drive across the country.

I'll keep you posted!

I do think the sway bar is a worthy upgrade. The Hellwig bar is only about $350 but I think the extra 1/8" in size of the Roadmaster is worth it. I have been relatively happy with the F-550.... especially after owning a Class C on the E-450..... but the stock bar is just undersized for the weight and height of a Super C box. There is a noticeable reduction in the back and forth sway making hard turns and very little movement now at highway speeds in windy conditions and when the big rigs go blowing by.

I think the front sway bar is large enough at 1 1/2" and its not worth the money to change it out. Although Roadmaster does offer a front sway bar that is 1 3/4". I could see needing that if you had something like a snowplow hanging off the front of the coach.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum