Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: mattress
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 11:00 PM   #10
winder1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeliec View Post
Gosh....this seems odd. I wonder why Thor would include a regular mattress for the upper bed if it would do damage?

We've had no real problem with ours fitting, or with the bed lowering and raising. Right after we took delivery of our RV, one side of the slide mechanism came loose and we had the dealer fix it. After that, no problems.

I'm sorry you've had a less than positive experience with yours.
Eileen in AZ
My experience was the same as yours, and what I have found to be the experience of many on the forums. It is as I described, and what most have experienced. When it was new, and you first went to use it, it failed. You had to have the dealer repair it, and its worked since.

Thats par for the course. It was obviously installed incorrectly or completely at the factory, and had to be repaired at the dealer. Depending on the extent of the failure, this repair can be very very expensive. Using the over head bunk is the same as the slide out. It should always be raised, or lowered, 100%. Never stop it halfway. Always put the pins in it when it is lowered, and raised. When raising or lowering, hold the switch for 4-5 seconds after the bed has quit moving.

It seem to me that all the Lippert Components are under engineered, and very fragile. The slide outs, the beds, and auto levelers, all require regular attention, adjustment, lubrication, and mostly a lot of luck, to keep them from failing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum