Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 07:06 PM   #17
Professor

Brand: Still Looking
State: Michigan
THOR #17911
Sprinter Breakdown

Progressive ins with towing. 15 miles max
OR to the closest authorized repair facility. I went ahead and called/went to see everyplace I could find to repair it. No one would touch it. Either did not have the programming or didn't work on motorhomes. MB dealers included.
Long story short....A MB dealer 123 miles away did motor home repairs and made an appt for Aug 1. $1200 plus to tow it. Ins would only pay $1,000 because it was not on their "list" and would not add them to it.
This was after talking to 2 or 3 people which English was a second language who would only say 15 miles max, you pay $1200 to tow it. Finally got someone from Progressive to understand that is was the closest repair facility.

They got with 3rd party towing company that would only pay up to $1000 for not on their list.
Found a dealer over 200 miles away and one in Ohio (over 300 miles) $2-3,000 that they would cover! Fine, let's go with 200 miles away....had to start all over again with non speaking English who said 15 miles covered, you pay the rest....
Son came over found the problem...fixed it! I gave up, will change towing companies in August.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum