Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 10:01 PM   #20
jackew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Louisiana
THOR #27322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty02 View Post
Coincidently I am sitting in my RV right now with the generator and AC running to checkout the fix I just did for the same problem. I have the Cummins RV QG4000 and it’s had this problem since new in 2017. I read another post where the originator replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, added 3/4” ID silver aluminum coated fiberglass sleeve over the fuel lines and exhaust fiberglass wrap over the new fuel pump. I just did the same putting the sleeve over the line from the pump to the carburetor and over the line from the filter towards the gas tank; about 5’. Before, the generator would not run more the 20 minutes if the outside temp was above 90 degrees. Now, after the fix, I’ve been sitting here for 1-1/2 hours now, 100 degrees outside (Las Vegas at 11:00 am) and it is still running strong. Hopefully this does the trick. It has helped greatly in the very least. I bought all the parts needed on Amazon.

BTW…I tried the oil level trick too. Didn’t help. Besides, not too keen on reducing the oil level on an engine that holds less the 1.4 quarts anyway.
So, the oil level trick did not work for me either. So the tech tried running off a gas can - but the generator would go into the 36 fault. So he is replacing the fuel pump. So I hope I’m getting closer to my solution [fingers crossed]

Thanks for sharing your experience.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.