Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #680
paul905

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Axis 24.1
State: New York
THOR #3162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Paul,

Did you seal your holes in the bumper?

The reason I ask is that I just found a "rust bubble" under the paint on the rear bumper. I showed it to the Dealership last Friday while I was in for some last minute Warranty work (my Thor 1 yr Warranty expires 30May16). They got approval today to order me a new one. In the process they told me this was the 4th or 5th Vegas that needed a new bumper due to rusting.

Doc
Hi Doc,

I used clear silicon adhesive sealer on the holes. However I did notice a little surface rust forming on other parts of the bumper. That being said there are so many other things wrong with the unit the surface rust is the least of my concerns. The latest in a long list of repairs is the replacement of the gray water holding tank. Leaking rapidly at the seams. It will be another 6 or 7 weeks or so they say. I have owned the thing since Oct 29 2015 and have not been able to use it yet. Every time I try to get it ready for a trip I find something else busted and broken. Oh Well!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.