Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 09:40 PM   #1
dgrundy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #23309
Mini Split A/C Upgrade

I'm the owner of a Thor Windsport 34J and it has two A/Cs - a 15k btu and a 13.5 btu. In the Texas summer, it won't keep the coach cool enough ... I can keep it around 87 or so during the day and that's just not cool enough.

I've added an RV Air Flow system to both A/Cs. I've added insulation board into all the windows. I've added a ShadePro in the front windshields. It's not enough.

I've considered a third A/C, but my generator won't run all three (5500w) and we spend quite a bit of time at softball parks where we're on the generator.

I thought about replacing the two Coleman roof a/cs with a mini split AC system which is significantly more energy efficient. I like the idea of a 36k btu system with three ceiling cassettes.

My challenge - where is the best place to install the outdoor condenser? Here's one I'm looking at

I've thought about a hitch setup, but was wondering if anyone has done anything like this in a storage compartment? I'm completely new to this and will need quite a bit of guidance.

Thanks in Advance!
Daniel

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum