Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 02:18 AM   #8
DocMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
UX108,

Last year I wanted to run the TV's off the DVD. The problem is that the TV's are not hooked up to the DVD. You have to pull the Radio, find the two sets of RCA plugs that come out of the back of Radio (they are just lying there doing nothing) and then get some real long RCA cables to run to the plugs on the underside of the TV's (if you take a flashlight and stand on the bottom stair and look up at the bottom edge of the TV over the door you will see the RCA jacks you need to plug into).

Getting the cables to inside TV is pretty simple but getting them to the outside TV takes a bit of doing (for me: removed the Microwave, drilled a hole in the false wall next to the fridge - be careful...lots of wires in there, fished the cable down inside the wall then drilled another hole at the level of the bottom drawer - after taking the drawers under the range out, passed the cable behind the range over to the hole that leads to the back side of the outside TV).

Problem is that you will not get Hi Def out of the DVD player in the dash thru the RCA plugs and (on my Axxera Radio) there are no HDMI out jacks only the one input jack on the front for "mirroring".

So, either go with the lower resolution or get a Blu-ray, a powered HDMI splitter, mount them on the top shelf over the sink (in the Vegas/Axis there are a couple of 110V plugs available up there) and run the HDMI cables to the two TV's. You will have to figure which HDMI setting on the TV goes with which HDMI input jack that you plug into (our Seiki's have two HDMI jacks which is why it shows two HDMI sources on the TV screen options) .

Looking at doing all that work I opted to make an "Infotainment Center" by adding a fanless mini-computer, used a Blu-ray for an external drive and to double so as to play movies, a wireless keyboard and now I have a computer on either the outside or inside TV as a monitor. Never could figure out how to run an HDMI cable to the back bedroom with out drilling holes in the floor (DW says no to drilling holes to the outside of the RV).

I posted all the electronics I used to do this on another thread this Forum last year.

Presently finishing setting up a WiFi using external antenna to the fanless computer and then thru a router.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum