Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 02:24 PM   #16
JimOIB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Use/Store Isolation Unit

Thor uses a variety of battery disconnects depending on the features in your coach. If you have a use/store switch and an LED indicator you probably have what 16ACE27 has shown. If you just have a switch then you probably have what Beau388 has. The best thing to do is to get the model of your BD directly off of the installed BD and find the applications notes online.

I have an Intellitec "non fused" BD with a 5 amp inline fuse on the switch supply line and no LED. My neighbor has a similar Thor coach with a "non fused" BD with two inline fuses...one for the switch and one for the LED. It must have been more "cost effective" to do this than install a fused BD. I'm sure Thor makes audibles on the assembly line due to what is in stock.

Do not rely on the Thor provided 12v layout diagrams...mine shows an RV Custom Products BD on paper and I have an Intellitec 100amp BD as installed. Visual verification is the key to success.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum