Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 08:31 PM   #8
howzball

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Texas
THOR #3182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
That particular unit you linked (which may be different than your friend’s) has horrendous performance numbers listed. Data below from ad shows a cooling capacity of +/- 7,900 BTU/hr and requires +/- 900 Watts of power. The EER is less than 9.

Yeah, I'm not even sure what his exact set up was, all I knew was he wanted to cool the sleeping area he built out in the bus and, since he had one of those redneck patio's on top of the bus he couldn't use a normal RV roof unit.
He had no shore power voltage in the thing either.

The unit in my link I'm not sure I would go through the trouble of installing even if if they'd given it to me.
I think one of the main draws to these split system is just they're less noisy, with a pair of these RV units roaring at full song you need headphones if you ever plan to watch TV in the thing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum