Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 09:05 PM   #1
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
ACE driver's seat.

One would wonder why the people at Thor decided there was no need for the driver's seat to move up or down. It seems they have taken the one size fits all approach. When I first drove the I was wearing engineer boots with a nice heal. When I drove it later after taking delivery I found wearing sneakers my heal no longer touched the floor. Needless to say it was a very funny feeling. So if you are shorter than 5-8 or so, you will need a substantial heal on your shoes to reach the floor. The shorter you are the bigger the problem. On the other hand, if you are quite tall you likely will have other problems relating to the fact you cannot adjust the seat up or down. Also, your passenger is likely to have his/her feet dangling above the floor. This was never a problem with my previous Class C coach. I know my wife doesn't like her feet dangling very much. So what do you think the designers of this series is thinking? I would love to hear your thoughts about this.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum