Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 03:35 PM   #10
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
10.7 mpg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeter View Post
I installed it in my F-450 chassis Freedom Elite 28H and took my first trip of about 8 hours (both ways of course) through the hills of Georgia. I wanted to get better control on the down shifting which seemed to be at every overpass before I installed it. I did see a noticeable increase in horsepower and on the hills of the shifting was much better. I didn't notice any increase in fuel economy but that wasn't what I was looking for. I averaged 10.7 mpg for the trip which I think is actually pretty good pulling a car.
Amazing! I would be happy to get that without pulling a car. I didn't figure my actual mileage on my last trip but the computer would say I could travel around 550 miles or so on 80 gallons when I was pulling a car which would work out to about 7 mpg or so. I know I used a lot of gas and never traveled over 60mph. I haven't taken a long trip without pulling a car yet, but plan to make a 1000 mile trip in a month without pulling a car. I hope I can get 10mpg or better on that highway trip.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.