Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 11:44 PM   #19
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley1 View Post
In my part of Virginia, every Ford dealer has stopped working on motorhomes except one, warranty or otherwise. I find that to be despicable. They should not be allowed to be a Ford dealer unless they agree to service ALL Ford trucks.

My local Ford dealer is Sheehy Ford in Warrenton, VA. Ask for Gary Funk.

I had a some success with a dealership in Burgaw NC. I left my Freedom Elite and tow dolly outside their service bays on a holiday weekend and drove home to Virginia. On the phone Monday morning, they said they don't work on those things but reluctantly agreed to make an exception since I was 250 miles away.

I recently learned that any ASE Certified mechanic can be reimbursed by Ford for warranty work. You would, of course, want to get that in writing from Ford before allowing him to start working on it. Try calling around to places that work on light trucks. I'll bet you find somebody.
There are two in the Richmond area Sheehy and Universal.

Car sales dealerships cannot work on motorhomes and they don’t sell trucks. It is not despicable, it’s a fact of life. Has been and will be.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum