Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 02:04 PM   #20
lwmcguir

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Thank you, this is clearer to me now This is were the Duck would chime in saying that we sometimes confuse people because I was thinking as if the Auto Level was doing some damage or not working properly?

I have used manual for special situations like playing around to get more waste from holding tanks, a very obvious unlevel surface terrain that auto level will not like or try. Never felt coach was too high, but will keep that in mind if I see.
My Coach will level out manually with the bottom step just a few inches above the surface on a reasonably level site. The advantage is having to use a step stool, or not between the first coach step.

Using auto, which is calibrated, it will add a couple inches of height before it completes the algorithm.

Our preference is to have the head of the bead about 1.5 inches higher which is easily accomplished by watching the 1/2 bath door swing, having already leveled front to back

The preference could be added to auto level as the calibration set point but I prefer to have the auto level calibration being set at level, front and side

Hey, speaking of Duck, where is he?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.