Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 02:31 AM   #7
txc2936@yahoo.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
I think your getting apples and oranges mixed here.

What you are hearing is the AC transfer switch engaging under the bed. Try this. Turn on battery switch at entry door, start GEN and listen for the ATS to click under bed. It takes about 15-30 sec. The GEN is now powering your AC breaker box, outlets, AC unit, refrig and your Generator is powering your AC - DC converter, the converter is now powering your DC lights, water pump and charges batteries.

If you are plugged into shore pwr and you start the GEN, the ATS will click because you GEN has priority over the Shore Pwr.

ACE is the pro at this stuff...

What I do is trip the main AC breaker at the panel. I start the GEN and wait for the ATS to engage. Then i go to the breaker box and reset the breaker, then i turn on each device individually, AC units one at at time, and then refrig. I just don't want everything to start when the ATS engages, thats alot of AC load on the system.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum