Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: RV Insurance
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 05:55 PM   #11
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreCambrian View Post
I just purchased a motorhome also. I used my automobile insurance company, State Farm. I also used their Emergency Road Service, it covers everything that others do and it is only $12/year. In addition the Ford E350 Super Duty Chassis came with 5 year, 60,000 mile emergency road service. I could purchase a AAA RV add on for $41/year.

After researching extended warranty options, I found that almost all of the extended warranties offered had big complaints when people tried to submit a claim. So I will use the money saved to fix the problem myself. The most expensive repairs are to the Ford Chassis itself (engine, transmission, electronics, etc.) so if I may decide to purchase the Ford Extended Warranty to make it a 6 year, 72,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (up from the factory 3 year, 36,0000 mile bumper to bumper) for about $3,000. I think that I can fix any RV system problem myself. Probably the most expensive thing is the generator in RV systems.

The biggest issue anyone will have is actually getting your MH towed to an authorized shop close-by and in a timely manner during an emergency road-side situation. Regardless of what they all cover, allowed towing distances is limited and commercial Ford dealers are few and very spread out...normal Ford car and light truck dealers will not take them in. Lastly, someone has to get out of bed in the middle of the night and come get you. They all depend on 3rd party, independent roadside service providers.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum