Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 05:11 PM   #8
mdntblu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: California
THOR #26100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
It’s not hard to do. That was my thread by the way. You’ll need a small torx screwdriver, a plastic trim tool and a soldering iron. If you have a multimeter that is helpful also. The battery is double sided taped to the back of the remote and the circuit board. Use the trim tool to pry it open carefully and then separate the battery from the case.
I opened my battery pack to see how many cells were in there. I don’t advise it since mine was leaking. I snipped the leads off of the little circuit board and discarded the battery.
Amazon had a small drone battery that looked identical. $7 if you can believe it. Cut off the small white connector and strip both wires about an 1/8”. Solder to the board using the red to red, black to black wiring method. Tape with some electrical tape and try to get it all back together. I was surprised that mine actually charged as well. Good luck.
Do you have the link to the amazon product for that battery by chance?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum