Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 11:39 PM   #11
Chateau_Nomad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by makitso View Post
As I mentioned in my first post, there is a 110 outlet next to the 30 amp outlet that I plug my RV shore line into. When the second adapter is plugged into this 110 outlet the system syncs fine and gives a reliable 20MB download. So, based upon this, I assume the RV has the noisy wiring.

I would agree with you that powerline Ethernet is hit or miss -- and that is the purpose of my testing. So, I have ordered the more expensive Wifi version of this powerline Ethernet and will run it off the 110 outlet next to the 30 amp outlet. Physically, it's only 5 feet from my RV but needs to go through two walls.
Since my deck at home is so far away from my router, I use a WiFi power line adapter as a WiFi extender. It's plugged into an outlet in the garage. The deck is behind the garage, and the signal goes through the wall okay... not screaming fast but respectable.

If your motorhome walls are fiberglass, it should work fine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.