Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 01:46 PM   #4
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwray View Post
when I tried to turn on the Genny--it wouldn't crank.

But still nada.
You confirmed you have power, but besides the obvious that the generator did not crank ( start), can you clarify what happened, what sounds, no sounds, dead etc?

Are you starting inside with manual switch?
Are you starting outside with push button switch?
Are you starting with Auto on from AGS etc.?

I am assuming you get ZERO sounds when trying to start meaning it does not try to turnover. If that's the case you are not getting power to the starter from the switch.

If you can find the starter post, you could get a jumper wire and bypass the switch to confirm it starts and wiring is corroded or switch is bad.

FWIW, on absorption fridges, it cools just the opposite. My Freezer is down to 6 degrees in 3 hours or so, the Fridge may take twice as long to get into 40s or 50s based on outside temp and what is inside. In fact on a trip we always put the drinks we intend to drink on initial journey in the Freezer because we may have only turned our Fridge on a hour or two before leaving. Also when driving not only is our Inverter always manually turned on (it does not come on automatically) our AGS is set to AUTO ON so the genny turns itself on & off.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.