Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 07:15 PM   #1
RVwife

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: Michigan
THOR #20290
Need recommendations for campgrounds SE of Buffalo NY/East Aurora

Planning a mid-October trip to a wedding in CT. Coming from MI along Lake Erie coast line.

Would like to stop at the Roosevelt Inaugural National Park site in Buffalo NY and then some sites in East Aurora, NY. Most likely following Rt 20 east. Had hoped to stop and camp at Letchworth State Park but all the NY SPs close Oct 9, too early for our plans. Have goggled extensively and am coming up dry so far.

I'm having a devil of a time finding something in the Buffalo/E Aurora area for the night. There are 2 Harvest Hosts, but both would require considerable backtracking (one is an ice cream shop that I would possibly go out of my way for, but not sure they would even be open that late in the season). Closest Cracker Barrel is north, closer to Niagara Falls, so also opposite our line of travel. It's going to be a bit of a long travel day as it is.

Eventually we will get to the Finger Lakes and HHs there, but it's a bit too much of a stretch on the given day, so hoping for something bit closer.

Anyone familiar with the area that could make some suggestions? We'll be in our 26' Thor Axis. Electric would be nice, but we can dry camp if need be.

With lots of flexibility and compromise this almost month-long puzzle of a trip has pretty much come together, but this one remaining piece is threatening to scuttle it.

TIA.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.