Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 08:12 PM   #7
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwray View Post
Appreciate the replies guys. We were out in a poor cell / no internet spot for the weekend. (And it was great!)

Yeah, the generator is making -0- noise when I try to start it. Tried the main control panel, the switch by the steering wheel, and by pulling off the Onan front cover and pushing the button. In doing that, I also verified the priming light never can light either.

Chassis and house batteries are all nice and topped off.

Thanks for the suggestion on trying to get power directly to the starter post. I’m going to hit the internet for some diagrams/manuals to assist me and see.
Here is what starter look like. It could be your issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Cummins-19123...16011188&psc=1

Simple to see the positive post ( red) take some nice heavy gauge wire and connect to your input 12v source that you confirmed is 12.75vdc and run straight to this post. BE SURE Disconnect switches are off until you are ready to test. You don't need it to actually start but you want to here it go yank yank trying to turnover.

If it works you have bad switch or corroded wire from switch to starter.

If it stays dead, no sound, you have bad starter. Sometimes you can tap it lightly and it works, but even if it did, I would get new starter.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum