Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 08:27 PM   #8
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I don’t know the specifics of the 5500 gen, but if the remote and local “start” switch lamps don’t light when you try to start the gen, then you may have an issue with the control module itself at the gen since I “think” once the control module gets a ground signal from either remote or local start switch, it then turns on the starter solenoid to operate the gen crank motor. I am “assuming” this is how your gen functions. You used a voltmeter to confirm your “good” +12.7 voltage at the gen solenoid (to ground) it seems, from your previous description. I would also physically check and make sure that any generator control cabling plugs/wiring to/from the gen control board are clean and solid, especially ground and battery connections. The worst scenario would be a failed gen control board.....hope it’s just a bad / loose connection/plug.

The Cummins/Onan gen installation manual should provide you with the electrical install details and might include a basic schematic. I am not sure where your gen control board is physically located but usually in or around the generator I would expect.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.