Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 03:48 PM   #4
Frank@theShop

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #26495
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicap View Post
This morning the chassis battery was dead on my 2021 Tellaro 20kt. There wasn't enough juice in the house battery due to several days of rain/overcast skies not allowing solar panels to charge them. I plugged the RV to shore power & after a few minutes, was able to start the RV off the house batteries. A yellow check engine light is now on.

So my question is: would the house batteries drawdown drain the chassis battery?

Does a drained chassis battery automatically cause a check engine light to illuminate?
If the rig is wired correctly, the house batteries should not drain the chassis batteries down at all. They normally operate as two independent systems except while holding down the "battery boost" button, if so equipped. Check engine light should having nothing to do with the battery issue. If operating as it should, once the engine starts, the alternator provides all the electricity needed to operate things on the "chassis" side of things. If the charging system was failing from perhaps a broken serpentine belt or bad generator you would likely see a battery indicator light not a check engine symbol. Check for any messages on the instrument cluster using the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.