Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 09:12 PM   #31
Travelin' Texans

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGlen View Post
I'm new to this forum. I bought a 2014 MS Estate 38RSB3 in 2019. I've been full timing ever since. I now have to replace the grey tank valve so I'm open on suggestions on how to do it. This valve appears to be glued to the PVC pipe.
You don't need to replace the entire valve. You rebuild the existing valve by removing the 4 bolts then replace with a new gate & seals. Before reinstalling head to your local hardware store & pick up a tube of "plumbers grease" (also works great on the toilet seals) to use on the new seals, NOT Vaseline or any other petroleum product as it could damage the seals. It can be PITA to separate the 2 halves if there's not any slack in the line.
BTW! I don't nor never have owned a DRV but have owned & worked on several rvs that 99.9% are built with the same stuff as DRV just not packaged in the expensive wrapping. Didn't want to get scolded for responding to a DRV question.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum