Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 05:23 AM   #8
roaddawg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #26716
Well thank you everyone for the information. Here's where I am now. When I replaced the Axxera with the Jensen, the Jensen radio did not use the yellow (B+ from house battery) or the red (Acc/Ignition) from the MH power control box. The wiring harness for the Jensen plugged into the wiring harness for the E450 cab (a white with red stripe wire provided continual battery power) and instructions indicated wiring the red (Acc/Ignition) to the fuse panel beneath the driver side brake pedal.

What I had done was use the red wire (which was actually gray/black) that ran from the MH power panel for the red Acc/Ignition wire on the Jensen. This is the same wire the Axxera used, and there is constant 12V to it. For whatever reason, the yellow wire that was used by the Axxera, and that I was not using, was not indicating any power. No matter if the house batteries where in use, or disconnect, or even if the engine was running. This seemed odd since when I first checked the yellow and red wire when disconnecting the Axxera, both indicated a 12v continual power.

I tried tracing the wires, first from the house batteries (where it went into a plastic wire protector and disappeared under the floor) and could not locate any junction box or inline fuse. I made the same attempt at the dash, the wires ran from the dash to the driver side fender kick panel. Then under the plastic step (where I discovered a remote box for keyless entry) and under the chassis before going up into the floor somewhere.

I did discover that the red (Acc / Ignition) wire was spliced into the gray/black wire that ran to the MH fuse panel in the bedroom. It was labeled as number 9 / gry/blk / 15 amp / Audio-Video. Removing that fuse shut off power to that wire at the radio (and TVs). I have no clue where the yellow wire went to, and could not find any reason as to why power was no longer on the line.

I ultimately ran another power wire, from one of the house battery positive side, up to the radio. I put a 15 amp inline fuse on it. I cut the yellow battery wire for the Jensen (disconnecting it from the continual chassis battery 12v source) and spliced in the new wire. This should now keep the chassis battery from going dead due to the constant draw from the radio, and allow me to use the radio when the vehicle is parked and not running, without killing the chassis battery.

What I thought was odd though, was that the gray/black wire (Audio - Video) and labeled Acc/Ignition at the radio, was always hot, even when the MH batteries were in the disconnect position.

Any thoughts????

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum