Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 03:02 AM   #10
Ottosails

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
It can be an error made during the registration process. Your chassis is likely a 2015 and your coach/RV body a 2016. The registry looks at the vin that decodes the chassis year as a 2015 when the RV/coach build model year is a 2016.

When I went to register our coach the registry originally printed my title as a 2020 until I corrected them that the RV was a 2021. I only caught it because I'm in the automotive/RV/Motorcycle/Boat/ATV wholesale and recovery industry and it is a fairly common error with RV's. Fortunately there was one person at the registry that had experience and knew what I was talking about, many registry employees don't know this and will title your RV as the incorrect year. The RV builder used a 2020 chassis to build a 2021 RV.

You should have a bill of sale somewhere that proves the RV is a 2016. It wont be easy to fix but with persistence and maybe with some help/proof from Thor you can prove to the registry that your coach is actually a 2016. Best of luck.
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum