Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Non refundable (large) deposits - Really?

We are on our second motorhome purchase, and both times we were required to make a $5,000 nonrefundable deposit. We made them insert a clause that if we didn't get financing with a payment of no more that $XXX and an APR of no more than XX% it was refundable.

So the question for you is this: Is this normal in the RV business? Why? I have purchased a lot of autos in my life and never experienced anything like this. Even when buying a home you can get your deposit back in most cases.

Why are the RV dealers so afraid of people changing their minds? Also, when we purchased our motorhomes, we had to wait several days before we could pick up our new RV. When you purchase a car, it is ready to go in almost every case .... especially if it is a new car.

I guess I just question how the RV business works.... Mind you I am not complaining about my dealer .... I just don't understand why they do business they way they do.

I welcome any and all comments.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum