Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 07:40 PM   #3
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Yup, both times the unit was on the lot - a large dealer too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Was your unit already on the lot or did you order it?

Our Axis was in stock and we traded in our 5th wheel and pickup for it. At the show I believe I put some token amount down to hold the camper (like $100) until we could get there and finish the paper work. We then scheduled a time to pick it up (much like I do with a car dealer). On that day--it took a bit because it was February and we had a quick thaw followed by a quick freeze thus the 5th wheel was frozen in ice--I had to call and cancel, and then call back to see if they could still do the purchase. Thus we started our purchase process several hours late and they still took the time to walk through everything. (As a side note it is really funny looking at a F-350 4x4 hooked to a 5th wheel spinning all 4 wheels trying to free the 5er from the ice that is holding it prisoner.)

In short: It took us a complete day to purchase our Axis; we really didn't care how soon the appointment was to pick it up as it was February and we weren't going to go camping with it for a few months. In contrast, for the last car I picked up (the C-Max in my signature), it took about 45 minutes from the time I walked in the door to the time I drove the car home (granted I've purchased all of our cars for the last 20 years or so from this one dealership).
Both times we purchased units that were on the lot. Both times we had to come back (read more than 100 miles each way) several days later to take delivery. Is this a normal way to do business? If so, one would wonder why.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum