Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Boondocking
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 04:17 PM   #6
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob911;359208[COLOR=Red
]I just want to be able to keep my batteries charged up overnight.[/COLOR] So adding the extra batteries should do that?

If this is your only concern, your original battery package will be fine. Mine will run the residential fridge for over 36 hours without drawing the batteries down to point critical. If the fridge is pretty full and you don't open and close it often, overnight is fine. It doesn't run continually...only when the temps inside drop down a tad, then it only runs long enough to lower the tems back to your setting. You can also freeze a few blocks of "blue ice" during the day and place them in the fridge at night. This will reduce the amount it comes on and off. When we know we are boondocking a fair amount on the road, I also carry a Honda 2000 inverter generator (52 pounds) in the rear storage bin...just in the event batteries get too low or we decide to just stay put for longer than a night. You can run it 2-3 hours in the evening, bringing batteries back up to full before you go to bed. While on generator, the fridge bypasses the batteries/inverter and runs directly from the generator/shore power.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.