Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 08:10 PM   #7
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine By Choice View Post
I guess I am different in my buying habits. I make an offer. If they accept it (normally do not!), we then play the cat & mouse game. Once we agree on a price I tell them when I will pick it up, if not at that time. When they ask for a deposit I give $100.00. If they say they require more I ask why. I have heard various reasons, but accept none of them. I state if they don't trust me then I don't trust them and tell them to forget it. I have never failed to purchase a vehicle following that scenario.

Before retiring I bought quite a number of company vehicles for our sales force. Before the internet I typed (yes, on a typewriter!) a list of options I required on said vehicle. I really didn't care what make vehicle. I then went to every car dealer in about a hundred mile radius. I told them what I wanted, left them the list of options required, and asked them to get back to me within a given amount of time. I told them I was giving this to every dealer in said area, and whoever had the best price would get the cash sale. It was amazing how low the prices were and how much money I saved. When the internet came along it made it sooooo much easier!!
Thanks for your input.... I like it. Not sure it works in Montana.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum